Saturday, May 5, 2007

I'm in Love!

I have rediscovered a love that had been lost for a while. I have rediscovered my love of books! I recently attended the Texas Library Association annual conference and, while surrounded by books, authors and all things library, I was overcome by my love of reading and books.
I just finished an advanced readers' copy of The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan and loved it.

I am ready to begin The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick, whom I met and dined with in San Antonio during TLA. I am also ready to begin Maude March on the Run! by Audrey Couloumbis after finishing the wonderfully raucous The Misadventures of Maude March by the same author. I await with eager anticipation the release of Gregor and the Code of the Claw by Suzanne Collins.

Ah, spring and a (relatively) young woman's thoughts turn to love - and books!!

Don't even get me started about the last Harry Potter. I haven't read The End, the last of the A Series of Unfortunate Events series by Lemony Snicket because I have such a hard time with endings and goodbyes. I still haven't seen the last two-three episodes of Arrested Development or the tape I have of Princess Diana's funeral. When it's over, it's over and I can't stand it.

No comments: